Stay connected with my love for hair accessories by following Sweet.Bee.Bowtique @ http://sweetbeebowtique.blogspot.com/.

Also follow Dame & a Dish @ http://dameandadish.blogspot.com/
...it's all about cooking and GOOD to GREAT Recipes.



3.18.2012

St. Patrick's Fun...

I was trying pretty hard to get this up before St. Patrick's Day, but it just did not happen...neither did my St. Patrick's Day Banner, but there is ALWAYS next year :)

So, I don't have some cute mantle to decorate, or a cute shelf...I have this OLD trunk. I try to make it cute, and I am slowly collecting fun stuff to decorate with.

The Awesome Subway Art came from My Computer is My Canvas.

The super cute "Luck O' the Irish" blocks came from Amy. She makes these super CUTE figurines to sit on the blocks, BUT I have a 5 year old (Emilee) that has a major thing with little dolls of any sort. So, I opted against the cuteness because I knew that she would be gone with them.

This is Shaelee's. Emilee did
not want to finish hers. She
would rather be riding her bike.
The little rainbows were a craft that we did at our Girl Scout meeting last week. I seen the original post on Pinterest (click HERE), but I had to try to make it a little cuter.
This one is mine.







These past few weeks have been full of A LOT of events with this being the 100th year of Girl Scouts. Lots and lots of celebrating to do. So, our troop had a celebration of our own. We had a birthday party to celebrate Girl Scouts and our own Daisies. It was a rainbow themed party so this was the "Rainbow Craft" that the girls made and it kinda tied in St. Patrick's Day aswell.

I got the precut floral foam from the dollar store. There were 4 pieces for a dollar and I also got the cotton balls there too. The pipe cleaners and beads came from from a local craft store. From the pictures, you can see it was very simple :)
The Cute Subway Art came from HERE...(and it is FREE)!
With my husband being out of town on business I decided not to do the traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage. The kids are not huge fans, BUT I am! So, for our St. Patrick's Day dinner we had Green Pancakes, Green Eggs, Kiwi, Garlic Roasted Breakfast Potatoes, and OJ. Dessert was Strawberry Shortcake with Homemade Angle Food Cake (this recipe is the BEST), with green Cream, and Leprechaun Floats.

Then we finished out our night playing a few games of St. Patrick's Day Bingo and a Skype session with Daddy :) Perfect way to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment